- 8 large shallots
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Pita chips, sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, sliced carrots and celery
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Remove white papery peel from shallots. Wrap shallots in foil. Bake 1 hour; cool 10 minutes.
2. Combine shallots, chickpeas, garlic, salt, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, 3 to 5 tablespoons of liquid from chickpeas and hot sauce in a work bowl of food processor; process until coarsely pureed. Remove to a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika. Serve chilled or at room temperature with pita chips and vegetables.
Print this recipe