- 1 onion
- 2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 (8 oz.)can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 pound fillet of halibut, red snapper, sole, cod OR other white fish
Saute vegetables and garlic in small amount of wine until tender; add oil, tomato sauce, parsley and remaining wine. Simmer 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour 1/4 of the sauce into baking dish; arrange fish on top. Cover with remaining sauce. Bake, covered, for 15-20 minutes.
Print this recipe
Source: Home Cooking: April '95
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Fillets With Wine and Tomato Sauce