- 1/2 lb(227 grams)coriander seed
- 2 oz.(57 grams)small cumin seed
- 2 tbsp(30ml) chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tbsp((7.5ml)sweet cumin seed
- 1/2 tbsp(7.5ml)black mustard seeds
- An inch(about 3cm)piece of cinnamon
- 1 cardamon seed
- 1/4 tsp(1.2ml)freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.(121C).
2. Put all ingredients in a shallow baking pan and bake 15 minutes.
3. Using a mortar with pestle, grind spices while hot; or place in an electric blender and grind.
4. Place curry powder in an air-tight jar and it will keep about 6 months.
Print this recipe
Source: Great Cooking Ideas
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Homemade Curry Powder