- 3/4 sticks butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 eggs separated
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 6 oz finely ground almonds
- pinch of salt
1. cream the butter and sugar togheter, mix in the egg yolks.
2. melt the choc. over a double boilter. Cool and add to the butter mix. Add the almonds.
3. beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into the batter. Pour into a 9 inch sq baking tin. Bake in preheated oven for 45 min. Cool and cut in squares.
Print this recipe
Source: Jewish cooking in America- J Nathan
Submitted By: Denise Cardoso