- 3 1/2 cups chopped onion - divided
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 lb. ground round
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. dried whole marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 stick cinnamon - (3-inch)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes & liquid -
- 14-1/2-ounce - chopped
- 4 1/2 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- 3/4 cup low calorie cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 36 oyster crackers
This unusual way to serve chili--over spaghetti--is a solid-gold tradition in the Queen City.
Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add 2 cups onion and next 3 ingredients; cook until meat is browned, stir.
To serve, arrange spaghetti on individual serving plates. Spoon chili over spaghetti; top with cheese and remaining 1-1/2 cups onion.
Serve with crackers.
Print this recipe
Source: Cooking Light YEAR: 1993 ISSUE: Oct PAGE: 62
Submitted By: Gina S
4-Way Cincinnati Chili