- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 mangos or papayas, diced
- 2 green serrano chile peppers, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice and pulp
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup either dark rum or tequila
- 1/2 small clove garlic, minced
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, tenderized
FOR MARINADE/SALSA: Combine the pineapple, pineapple juice, mangos/papayas, peppers, cilantro, lime juice and pulp, orange juice, rum/tequila and garlic. Let stand for one hour before adding chicken.
Reserve enough salsa (sans juice) for topping. Marinate the chicken breast halves in the marinade/salsa mixture for 2 to 6 hours.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and bake chicken for 30 minutes (OR, for best results, grill).
Makes 8 servings.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Teresa Johnson
Island Chicken with Fruit Salsa