- 2 lb. ground meat - browned
- 1 lb. sausage - browned
- 1 medium onions - diced
- 1 medium green peppers - diced
- 2 large stalks celery - diced
- 1 small clove garlic - minced
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 - 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 large can tomatoe juice
- 2 15 oz. cans of red kidney beans -rinsed &
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Brown ground meat & place in large stock pot.
Brown sausage and added to stock pot.
Saute onions, green peppers & celery, add to pot.
Add garlic, stewed tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, tomatoe paste, kidney beans & spices.
Stir well to combine all ingredients.
Add tomato juice 1/2 can at first (or more if needed) and as needed during cooking.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours stiriing as needed to prevent sticking.
This always tastes better the second day.
I serve this with some good corn bread.
Print this recipe
Source: my own
Submitted By: Gina S