- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sifted Pillsbury's Best Enriched Flour*
- 3/4 cup(4oz.) mixed salted nuts
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- whipped cream
- *If you use Enriched Self-rising Flour, omit salt.
Melt the butter in a heavy deep skillet. Add the flour, nuts, coconut, salt(see note),and cardamon. Blend in the sugar. Mix well. Cool for a few minutes. Combine the milk and the almond extract;add gradually to the flour mixture, stirring constantly.Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and takes on a glossy appearance(about 10 minutes).Serve hot or cold with whipped cream. To serve cold, mold in 8x8x2-inch pan and cut into squares.
Print this recipe
Source: Pillsbury's 2nd Grand National
Submitted By: Linda Wilson