Susan scaled this recipe down from a much larger recipe. This recipe makes 9 servings. Don't ask!!Enjoy..
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tbls.baking powder
- 1 Tbl. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsps. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsps. ground cloves
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tbls. ground hazelnuts
- 3 cups milk
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tbls. dark molasses
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tbls. vegetable oil
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cocoa, ginger, cinnamon and cloves; stir in hazelnuts. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg whites and molasses.
Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into it. Stir just enough to moisten; batter will be lumpy.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot. Apple butter a nice addition.
Print this recipe
Source: Susans Christmas Brunch
Submitted By: Eileen Werth