- 4 large potatoes, thoroughly scrubbed, trimmed of any ""eyes"" or discolored spots, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or fresh roasted garlic (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half (approximately: may require a little more
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender.
Melt butter in saucepan, add scallions and saute 3 to 5 minutes until softened, but not browned.
Add cooked scallions and remaining ingredients to potatoes. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes to a slightly lumpy consistency. Keep warm, or put in casserole and microwave to heat before serving
Print this recipe
Source: Cooking with Regis and Kathie Lee
Submitted By: Elaine Olson
Killer Mashed Potatoes