- You can just substitue chicken for the turkey. This is a microwave dish.
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 pkgs. (3oz.each)instant Oriental noodle soup(also called Ramen noodles)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 pkg.(15 oz.)straw mushrooms, drained
- 1 pkg.(16 oz.) mixed frozen broccoli, carrot, water chestnut and red pepper
1. In 3-quart glass casserole, heat 2 cups hot water on HIGH 3 minutes. Discard seasoning packets from noodle-soup packages; separate layers of noodles. Arrange in casserole so that all noodles are in water. Cover with plastic wrap; turn back one corner to vent. Cook on HIGH 5 minutes, stirring once to separate noodles.
2. In small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup hot water, the peanut butter, red-pepper flakes, soy sauce and sesame oil until mixture is blended. Add peanut butter mixture to noodles with mushrooms, frozen vegetables and turkey strips; mix well. Cover and vent. Cook on HIGH 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring once. Makes 4 servings
Print this recipe
Source: McCall's Best Recipes:1989
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Turkey Lo Mein