- Shanghai Style Won Ton Soup
- 8 oz ground pork
- 8 oz shrimp (30 small)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Chinese white cooking wine
- 1 egg
- 6 cups soup stock (can be beef, chicken, pork, veggie, your choice)
- 30 pieces won ton skins
- Marinade for Shrimp:
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Marinate shrimp in a small mixing bowl.
2. Place ground pork in a bowl, add egg, green oniion, salt, sesame oil, soya sauce, wine, ginger.
Stir with 1 tablespoon of cold water, mix until it thickens.
3. Place 1/2 teaspoon of pork mixture in the centre of each wonton wrapper, along with 1 shrimp.
Wrap into won ton shape.
4. Heat soup stock with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of soya sauce until boiling.
Sprinkle with some sesame oil.
5. Drop won tons into a deep pot of boiling water, allow to boil for a few seconds, reduce to medium heat and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
6. Drain won tons, then place them into the soup.
Serve in individual bowls.
Print this recipe
Source: Bob's site
Submitted By: Angel
Shanghai Style Won Ton Soup