The Olive Salad pureed is a delicious spread for crackers.
- 6 Kaiser buns, split
- 12 very thin slices mortadella sausage
- 12 very thin slices prosicutto ham
- 12 very thin slices Genoa salami
- 12 thin slice provolone cheese
- Olive Salad:
- 1 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup pitted black olive
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped pickled hot peppers
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
Olive Salad - Chop green and black olives coarsely (or puree, if preferred). Combine with oil, hot peppers, oregano, pepper, garlic and anchovies.
Spread cut surfaces of buns with any juices from olive salad. Place 2 slices each of mortadella, prosciutto and salami on bottom half of each bun; top with some of the salad.
Top each with 2 slices of cheese, then with tops of buns. Press sandwich firmly together. Slice in half to serve.
Print this recipe
Source: Food Magazine May/June 1989
Submitted By: Jean Trenholm