- 3 cups peeled, cubed potato
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole basil
- 1/(12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- Fresh chives (optional)
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add hot vegetable mixture. Process 1 minute or until smooth. Transfer pureed mixture to a large bowl; stir in milk. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Ladle soup into individual bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon low-fat sour cream; garnish with fresh chives, if desired.
For a time-saving option, omit the chilling procedure, and serve this reamy potato soup warm.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Rick Smith