This East Indian slant on a Wisconsin favorite is simple and delicious! The besan gives it an also nutty flavor.
- 3/4 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pound walleye fillets (other fish could be used)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Oil for shallow frying
Combine first 7 ingredients and blend well. Spread this mixture out on a plate.
Dip each fish fillet in the beaten egg, then into the spiced flour, shaking off excess.
Heat 3/4" oil in a large frying pan. Fry the coated fillets over high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Serve with a nice Cucumber Raita and a cold beer.
Print this recipe
Source: OTI Cooking Class
Submitted By: KT Ellenbecker
Indian Fried Walleye