- 1 T mild soy sauce
- 2 T frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, or 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t ground ginger or 1 t peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 c dry sherry or salt-free chicken broth, defatted
- 1/4 c drained pineapple juice
- 4 8-oz chicken breast halves, boned, with skin and fat removed
- 16 mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 small red onion cut into 16 1-inch squares
- 1 green or sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into 16 1-inch squares
- 8-oz can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
Combine first 6 ingredients in bowl. Cut each chicken breast half into 6 squares. Stir chicken, mushrooms, onions, and green pepper into marinade. Marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes. Thread chicken, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and pineapple onto 8 (9 to 10-inch) wooden skewers. Alternate ingredients until all are used. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 7 to 9 minutes on each side, or until chicken is done. (Or barbecue over hot coals for 12 to 15 minutes.) Brush several times with remaining marinade while cooking.
To serve: Serve kabobs on bed of pilaf.
In microwave: Arrange skewers on 12-inch glass baking dish and cook on high for about 7 minutes.
Print this recipe
Source: rec.food.recipes Archives
Submitted By: Rick Smith
Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs