Easy and always a hit. It's great for leftover turkey after holidays.
- Cooked Chicken or Turkey (great for leftovers), cut up
- 1 can cream of chicken (or celery) soup (I now use Healthy Choice)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth (or chicken bouillon)
- Pepper or other spices, to taste
- 1 sm. bag mixed frozen vegetables or any vegetables, including peas, carrots, limas, onions, etc.
- 1 stick butter or marg (melt)
- Shift together:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sald
- 1 cup milk
Blend and bring to a slow boil the first ingredients, including the vegetables and put into a casserole dish.
For the crust: sift together the dry ingredients. add the melted butter slowly stir in one cup milk. Pour the crust over casserole contents slowly. Bake at 425% for 1/2 hour.
Print this recipe
Source: My College Roommate's Mother (a la 1973)
Submitted By: Peggy Williams
Chicken Pot Pie - Easy!