- 6 medium eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup small(or diced)cooked shrimp
- 3 tbsps. finely chopped celery
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 tbsps. finely slivered water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
1. Beat eggs and salt until light and fluffy.
2. Add shrimp, celery, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, and mushrooms.
3.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in small skillet. Pour into skillet 1/2 cup of mixture(1/4 of recipe). Cook over medium heatuntil brown, then turn and brown on the other side.
4. Repeat procedure for other 3 servings. Top with hot egg foo yung sauce.
1. Blend water with cornstarch.
2. Add soy sauce and bouillon cube.
3. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens. Serve hot.
Print this recipe
Source: American Diabetes Assoc. Cookbook
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Shrimp Egg Foo Yung