- 4 smoked ham hocks (3/4 lb.ea)
- 2 cups diced cooking apple
- 1/2cup sliced onion
- 1-16 oz.can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/2tsp caraway seed
- 2Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1can(10 3/4oz.) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Celery Soup
- 3 med. potatoes(about 1 lb., Peeled and quartered
- 4 med. carrots, cut into 3 in. pieces 4 peppercorns
In large heavy pan, cover pork hocks with water. Cover, simmer 2 hours 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid. Remove hocks. In same pan, cook apples and onion with sauerkraut and caraway seeds in butter until tender. Stir in soup, reserved liquid, potatoes, carrots, and peppercorns; add hocks. Cover, simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are done.
Print this recipe
Source: Campbell's Soup Co.
Submitted By: James Gibson
Sauerkraut and Pork