- pound lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup calorie-reduced mayonnaise
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Dash Tabasco, or to taste
- Dash cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon seafoods seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Pick through crab and discard any pieces of cartilage.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. Add crab and again mix well. Form into four 5-ounce cakes, about 1/2 cup each, and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with a non-stick vegetable coating. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. To cook, place crab cakes under a hot broiler until the tops are a golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Rick Smith
Maryland Crab Cakes