- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar or maple sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1 unbaked 8-inch pie shell
- Chantilly Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped with
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
Whisk all ingredients until smooth and pour into shell.
Bake about 25-30 minutes, until filling is set.
Sugar Pie is best served slightly warm or at room temperature.
Serve with Chantilly Cream.
Variation: Add 1/2 cup chopped, toasted walnuts to the filling.
Print this recipe