- Perhaps if no recipe is forthcoming for mushroom marmmalade this might do!
- Mushroom Pate
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of mixed pickling spice(minus chillies)
- 4 oz of mushrooms chopped
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 slices of crustless rye bread
- extra 1/4 teaspoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable stock
- lemon juice
Fry onion in butter in pan with the pickling spice.
Add mushrooms, garlic and salt, fry for 2 miniutes.
Soak rye bread in cold water or milk. Squeeze out excess liquid and crumble bread into pan. Stir for 2-3 minutes then remove form heat.
Add extra butter, cream, stock and a few drops of lemon juice.
Pound mixture together in a mortar and pestle and press through a sieve, dicard residue.
Chill for 10 hours in a small bowl with a weighted lid on top.
Serve with feshly toasted wholemeal or rye bread.
Print this recipe
Source: The Pure Healthfood Cookbook by Anne Marshall pub. 1972 by Octopus Books
Submitted By: Katrina Tucker
Mushroom Marmalade (Pate)