- Cucumber, Fennel, And Orange Salad With Pomegranate Seeds - pareve
- Serves 8
- 2 hothouse cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large naval oranges, zest and pith removed, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 bunches watercress or 8 ounces young spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
Combine cucumbers, fennel, onion, oranges and watercress in large shallow bowl. Whisk together vinegar, orange juice, honey and olive oil.
Toss with salad.
Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.
Source: Rosh Hashanah -- Jewish Holiday Cooking by Louise Fiszer
Print this recipe
Source: posted at www.cyber-kitchen.com
Submitted By: Meryl
Cucumber, Fennel, Orange Salad with Pomegranate