- Ingredients for dish:
- Filet Mignon - 2 for each person.
- Bacon - 2 pieces thick maple smoked for each steak.
- Asparagus spears - 4 - 5 per steak.
- Shrimp (or King Crab) - enough to top each steak. Biarnaise Sauce - 1 recipe per person.
- Ingredients for Biarnaise Sauce:
- Vinegar - 1 TBLS. EGG - 1 egg or 2 yolks. Butter - 2 TBLS. Shallots - 1 Thin sliced. Tarragon - 1 Bottle.
Directions for Bernaise sauce:
Put 1 bottle of tarragon vinegar, shallot, and Tarragon into small sauce pan and reduce to =
For each person put 1 TBLS reduced vinegar and one egg (or better 2 yolks) into small metal pan. Whisk mixture and never stop whisking until it is cooked and cooled.
Place pan over boiling water (double boiler) Add butter 1 TBLS at a time. As the butter melts add more until 2 TBLS per recipe are added. Continue to whish and heat until color changes and sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat and continue to whisk until it cools a bit (1 or 2 minutes)
Directions for preparation:
Broil filets wrapped in bacon to desired doneness. Top with asparagus spears, shrimp or king crab and sauce.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
Petit Filet Oscar