- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, ground
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel greens
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 unopened, fresh, live medium oysters
1 Prepare and light a grill or preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260
2 In a small bowl, blend together the butter, ground fennel seeds,
shallots, fennel bulb, fennel greens, pepper and salt.
3 Arrange the oysters on the grill or oven rack, cover and cook for 3 to 5
minutes or until they start hissing and begin to open.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Lee.M Kaye
Grilled Oysters with Fennel Butter