I've been using this recipe for 40 years. It's still a favorite.
- 3 tbs. fat 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1 onion chopped 1 bay leaf
- 1 green pepper (optional) 1 tbs. chili
- 1 # ground beef 1 clove garlic
- 1 can tomatoes 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can tomato soup salt
Melt fat, brown onion, pepper and meat. Add tomatoes, soup, paprika, cayenne and chili powder. Simmer 1 hour.
Mash garlic and salt together and stir into mixture. Stir in beans. Heat thoroughly. Garnish with raw onion rings if desired. Makes approximately 6 servings.
Print this recipe
Source: A friend
Submitted By: Jean Jackson
Chil Con Carne