- 2 lbs. lean boneless lamb shoulder,cubed
- 18 small white onions,peeled
- 1 lb. carrots, pared and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 envelopes or tsps. instant chicken broth
- 1 tsp. leaf basil, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. leaf thyme, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
1. Layer lamb, onions and carrots in an electric slow cooker; season with salt, pepper, instant chicken broth, basil, thyme and garlic; pour water over; cover slow cooker.
2. Cook on low (190 to 200 degrees) 8 hours, or on high (290 to 300 degrees)4 hours, or until lamb is tender.
3. Turn heat control to high (290 to 300 degrees). Add peas and lettuce;stir to blend well; cover. Simmer 30 minutes. Serve with slices of brown soda bread.
Print this recipe
Source: Family Circle/Jan. 1976
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Irish Lamb Stew