This is easy to cut down, and i use just the broccoli, carrots and celery sometimes. It's actually a pretty good dish, but I do not use low sodium or low fat cheese in it...however, you can use it.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cauliflower flowerettes
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 cups pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. combine rice and half of the cheddare cheese. Mix well. Place in bottom of a 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish.
3. Meanwhile, steam the vegetables 5-7 minutes until tender crisp. Spoon vegetables over rice-cheese misture.
4. Combine pasta sauce, garlic, and basil. Pour over vegetables. Top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes.
Print this recipe
Source: Healthier Eating Guide and Cookbook
Submitted By: tc c
Garden Veggies Casserole