- 1 Heaping cup yellow corn meal
- 1 Cup cold water
- 3 Cups boiling water
- 1 Teaspoon garlic spread (crushed garlic can be substituted)
- 1 Pound of ground meat (preferably beef)
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 1 Can whole kernel corn #2
- 1 Can ripe olives, whole black olives
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 2 Cans Tomato sauce
Mix 1 heaping cup yellow corn meal and 1 cup cold water, add 3 cups boiling water and 1 teaspoon garlic spread and bring to a boil.
Brown 1pound ground meat, 1 medium chopped onion, salt and pepper, 1 can whole kernel corn #2, 1 can olives, 1 teaspoon chili powder or more, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 2 cans tomato sauce.
Add corn meal mixture and cook on low 15 minutes. Turn into 2 qt. casserole and put shredded cheese on top and bake at 400 about 20 minutes.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Marlen