Recipe card said that this recipe came from Brennan's restaurant in New Orleans.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 ripe bananas peeled and split lengthwise
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur (creme de bananas)
- 1 pt vanilla ice cream, or 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
1. Melt butter and brown sugar in flat chafing dish ot attractive skillet. Add bananas in single layer, and saute, turning once, until tender - about 5 minutes
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour in rum and banana liqueur. Ignite with match, remove from heat, and baste bananas until flames burn out.
3. Serve at once, with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream
Print this recipe
Source: Old recipe collection bought at garage sale.
Submitted By: Tammy Helle