Remove onion quarters and celery before serving. Potatoes can also be added 1 hr. before done or at the beginning if doing in a slow cooker.
- 3-5 lb. pot roast (chuck or english cut)
- 1 envelop dried onion soup mix
- 1 12oz. can Coke (not diet)
- 1 onion-peeled and quarted
- 2 stalks celery-cut in 3" pieces
- 5 carrots-cut in 3" pieces
- 1 bay leaf
Brown pot roast in small amount of oil in dutch oven. Add all other ingrediants. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 2-3 hrs. or until tender.
Can also be put in slow cooker without browning roast and cooked for 7-8 hrs. on low.
Print this recipe
Source: Local Church Coookbook
Submitted By: Barbara Travis