Variation: When you have crepes in the freezer, it is a snap to assemble another fabulous ice cream dessert. Spoon about 1/4 cup of Tofu Ice Cream on each crepe, fold in half, and drizzle Soy Chocolate Sauce on top.
- 2 lbs. firm, silken tofu
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat vanilla soy milk
- 6 tablespoons honey
- Soy Chocolate Sauce:
- 4 oz.soft tofu
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua, Amaretto, or orange extract(optional)
1. In a food processor or blender, process all the ingredients until smooth.
2. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (The ice cream can be made up to 3 days ahead.) Serves 6.
Soy Chocolate Sauce:
1. Combine all the ingredeints in a food processor or blender and mix on high speed until completely pureed.
2. Serve at room temperature, warm, or chilled. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 3 cups.
Print this recipe
Source: The Whole Soy Cookbook
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Tofu Ice Cream with Soy Chocolate Sauce