A favorite in Louisiana. Yeild: 6 servings.
- 2 lbs skinless,boneless chicken breasts(and thighs)
- Carrot peeled and cut, stalk celery, and 1/2 onion.
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (14-1/2 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 3 c chicken broth, reserved from boiling chicken
- 1 1/2 c raw rice
Combine chicken with carrot, celery and half onion in a pot filled with water. Boil until chicken is done, reserve broth.In a large pot, saute' onion, green pepper, and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add stewed tomatoes, bay leaf, Worchestershire sauce, 3 c reserved broth, rice and cooked chicken that has been cut into pieces. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover for 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is done.
Print this recipe
Source: Louisiana Kitchen, Holly Berkowitz Clegg
Submitted By: Ray
Chicken Jambalaya, Louisiana Style