- 10 fresh sprigs parsley,(leaves only)
- 6 leaves of fresh basil(1 tsp. dried)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (59 ml)olive oil
- 1/2 cup(118 ml)sweet butter, melted
- 1/2 cup(118 ml)fine, unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(59 ml)Parmesan cheese, grated
- Grating of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper
- 1/8 tsp.(.6 ml)salt
- 36 large oysters on half shell, freshly opened
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.(149C).
2. Chop parsley, basil and garlic together. Place in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the shallots, oil and butter to bowl and mix well.
4. Add bread crumbs, Parmesan, black and red pepper and salt. Mix well.
5. Place oysters in their half shells in a shallow baking pan and cover each oyster with some of the dressing. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes.
6. Uncover pan and place under preheated medium broiler 5 minutes.
Print this recipe
Source: Great Cooking Ideas
Submitted By: Linda Wilson