Baked Oysters Recipe
Ingredients:10 fresh sprigs parsley,(leaves only)
6 leaves of fresh basil(1 tsp. dried)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 shallots, finely chopped
1/4 cup (59 ml)olive oil
1/2 cup(118 ml)sweet butter, melted
1/2 cup(118 ml)fine, unseasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup(59 ml)Parmesan cheese, grated
Grating of freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of red pepper
1/8 tsp.(.6 ml)salt
36 large oysters on half shell, freshly opened
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.(149C).
2. Chop parsley, basil and garlic together. Place in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the shallots, oil and butter to bowl and mix well.
4. Add bread crumbs, Parmesan, black and red pepper and salt. Mix well.
5. Place oysters in their half shells in a shallow baking pan and cover each oyster with some of the dressing. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes.
6. Uncover pan and place under preheated medium broiler 5 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
Copyright © 2007 Epicurean.com
All rights reserved