- 12 sponge finger biscuits
- drinking chocolate or coffee and strawberries to decorate
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 marsala wine or coffee liquer
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 x 250g packet cream cheese(softened)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 x 300ml carton thickened cream, whipped.
Syrup. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. mix well.
Beat egg yolks, icing sugar mixture, cream cheese and sour cream in small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Place one-third of the biscuits over base of a glass dish (6 cup capacity.) Brush with one third of the syrup, spread with one third of the filling. Continue layering with remaining biscuits, syrup and filling. Cover, refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle sifted drinking chocolate or coffee over dessert, decorate with sliced strawberries.
Print this recipe
Source: Aust. Women's Day
Submitted By: Faye