For gifts it's nice to cut each cake lengthwise in fourths. Wrap in colored plastic wrap; tne in decorative paper. Tie ends with ribbon.
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg round buttery crackers
- 1 (7 oz.) can flaked coconut
- 1 c. chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 c. chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 lb. candied pineapple, chopped
- 1 lb. red & green candied cherries
- 1 (15 oz.) pkg golden raisins
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 lb. large marshmallows
line 3 (9x5x3") loafpans with heavy-duty plastic wrap; set aside.
Place 1 stack crackers in gallon-size heavy-duty zip-top bag; finely crush crackers, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Place in large bowl. Repeat process w/remaining crackers.
Add coconut & next 5 ingredients to crumbs, tossing gently to coat.
Combine evaporated milk & marshmallows in heavy saucepan; cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, till marshmallows melt. Pour over fruit mix & stir well. Spoon evenly into prepared pans, pressing firmly.
Cover & store in refrigerator 3 days. Remove from pans; wrap in heavy-duty pastic wrap & then aluminum foil. Store in refrigerator. Makes 3 - 2 1/2 lb. cakes.
Print this recipe
Source: Southern Living, 1995
Submitted By: Ruth A. Burbage