- "Recipe is big enough for a family meal with leftovers to freeze."
- 2(3 lb.)broiler-fryers, or 2(4 lb.)stewing chickens
- 1 lb. salt pork, sliced thin or chopped
- 2 qts. freshly cut corn
- 5 qts. sliced peeled tomatoes
- 1 qt. diced peeled potatoes
- 2 qts. butter beans(lima beans)
- 2 medium onions,chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper OR 1 medium pepper pod
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut up chicken. Cover with water in heavy kettle; cook until meat falls away from bone, adding water if necessary.
Add salt pork. Add vegetables and seasonings. Simmer slowly until tender, and mixture is thick and well blended. Remove pepper pod, if used. Serve hot. Makes 15 to 20 servings.
Print this recipe
Source: Farm Journal's Country Cookbook
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Family-Size Brunswick Stew