Good served with pork roast or baked ham.
- 4 medium-size firm pears, cored and chopped
- 2 medium-size green cooking apples, cored and chopped
- 1 medium-size red apple, cored and chopped
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled and thinly sliced (seedless)
- 1 lemon, peeled and thinly sliced (remove seeds)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Have ready, 8 sterilized pint jars, lids, and rings.
Combine fruits in large heavy kettle. Stir in sugar and honey until well blended. Add cinnamon sticks. Heat slowly to a boil, stirring often. Lower heat and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove cinnamon sticks and stir in walnuts. Immediately ladle into prepared jars to within 1/2-inch of the top. Wipe tops well with a clean dampened cloth or paper towel. Seal and process 10 minutes in hot water bath. 8 pints.
Print this recipe
Source: My Files
Submitted By: Joy Bowers
Winter Fruit Conserve