- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 5 Tbsps. reduced-calorie stick margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps. granulated sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 nonstick baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, cream margarine and 1/3 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon peel and food coloring. Alternately beat in flour mixture and lemon juice until well blended.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using the tines of a fork, press a crisscross pattern onto each cookie. Bake until edges are lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
Freezer: To freeze dough, prepare through step 2. Shape dough into 2 cylinders, wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap or freezer paper; press out as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 1 month. To bake, thaw dough in refrigerator. Cut into 1/4-inch slices; sprinkle with sugar. Bake and cool as directed in Step 3.
Print this recipe
Source: Healthy Meals In Minutes
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Lemon Sugar Cookies