- 3-1/2 lbs. Concord Grapes
- 2 C. water
- 4-1/2 C. sugar
1. Wash & stem grapes. Measure 10 cups. Remove skins from half of the grapes; set aside.
2. In an 8 or 10 quart pot combine the skinned & unskinned grapes. Cover & cook 10 minutes or till very soft. Press grapes through a sieve; discard seeds & cooked skins. Measure 3 cups of strained puldp; return to pot. Stir in the uncooked grape skins & water. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover, stir in sugar. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring often. Boil uncovered, about 12 minutes or till jam sheets off a metal spoon.
3. Remove pot from heat; quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon.
4. Ladle at once into hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids. Process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool on a rack until set.
Print this recipe
Source: Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook
Submitted By: Jan