- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2-teaspoons Schilling Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- 4 boned and skinned half breasts of chicken
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (16-oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup each red and yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 4 green onions, sliced, including part of green tops
- 2 ripe papayas or mangos, peeled, seeded and sliced**
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
Combine dressing ingredients; taste; add more jerk seasoning if desired. Combine black beans, bell peppers, celery and onions. Mix dressing in and refrigerate while preparing chicken. (This can be done several hours ahead.) Preheat gas grill or light charcoal. Brush chicken breasts with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill chicken about 3 or 4 minutes per side. (I make a tiny slit in thickest part of breast portion to make sure it's cooked through.) To serve, arrange salad greens on four plates; top with bean mixture. Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces; arrange over bean mixture. Top with sliced fruit. 4 servings.
**If papaya or mango isn't available, ripe peaches or nectarines work well"
Print this recipe
Source: Adapted from another recipe
Submitted By: Joy Bowers
Caribbean Chicken, Black Bean Salad