You might think a dish with a name like this is far too fussy and time-consuming for a weeknight meal. Think again. In less than 5 minutes, you can capture the juicy flavors of Morocco in your mug.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 whole pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup rinsed drained canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup diced canned tomatoes with Italian seasoning, with juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint or cilantro
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper
1. In the mug, combine oil, cumin and pumpkin pie spice. Microwave on High for 15 to 30 seconds or until fragrant.
2. Stir in dates, chickpeas and tomatoes. Microwave on High for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in mint and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with any of the suggested accompaniments, as desired.
Print this recipe
Source: 250 Best Meals in a Mug: Delicious Homemade Microwave Meals in Minutes by Camilla Saulsbury
Submitted By: b smith
Moroccan Date and Chickpea Tagine