Direct Method: (ideal for searing shops, steaks and burgers):Place food over the hottest part of the fire.
- 3 (1 1/2 lbs. each) Cornish hens, split in half lengthwise
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
In large shallow glass baking dish, combine marinade ingredients. Add hen halves; coat on both sides. Cover with plastic wrap; marinate in refrigerator at least 3 hours, or overnight, turning hens occasionally.
Prepare outdoor grill for barbecue. Drain marinade from hens; reserve. Using Direct Method*, cook hens, 6 inches from heat, 35 minutes, or until tender, turning often and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Print this recipe
Source: McCall's Best Recipes
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Grilled Oriental Cornish Hens