The curative properties of garlic in relation to asthma and lung conditions are well known. It purifies the blood and keeps the skin glowing. Frying garlic lightly enhances its therapeutic action. Being hot and pungent, it is especially good for vata and kapha, but aggravates pitta. The golden-brown colour of this dish signifies optimism and will dispel gloom.
- 1 1/4 lb chicken drumsticks, skinned
- sunflower oil for basting
- sliced onion and lemon wedges, to garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced green chilli
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt
1 Make gashes in the chicken and set aside.
2 Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a glass or ceramic dish, and add the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
3 Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6).
4 Arrange the marinated drumsticks on a greased baking tray or pan, drizzle with oil and bake for about 45 minutes, basting the chicken often with the cooking juices.
5 Serve hot, garnished with onion slices and wedges of lemon, if desired.
Print this recipe
Source: Healthy Indian Cooking: Over 100 Recipes for Vitality and Wellness by Monisha Bharadwaj
Submitted By: b smith
Spicy Chicken Drumsticks