I have made various versions of this delicious spread for many years, sometimes presenting it in a crock and sometimes rolling it into a ball covered with nuts. You can make it (or any of the spreads in this section) using commercial cream cheese or homemade yogurt cheese.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (optional)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, or more as desired
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, plus more for rolling (optional)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or dried currants
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Crackers or bread, for serving
Combine the cream cheese, Cheddar, sherry, if using, and curry powder in the work bowl of a food processor and blend well. Add the walnuts, raisins, and cilantro and pulse just until mixed. Be sure to leave plenty of texture. Season with salt to taste.
Spoon the mixture into a crock or roll it into a ball and cover it with walnuts, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving on crackers or bread.
Print this recipe
Source: Cooking with Herbs
Submitted By: B Smith
Curry-Cilantro Cream Cheese Spread