Eggplant broiled until it's luxuriously tender and slightly sweet from caramelization finds great flavor contrast with a simple sauce made with tangy yogurt, pungent garlic and fresh mint.
- 2 eggplants (each about 1 lb), cut crosswise into 3/4-inch slices
- Nonstick cooking spray (preferably olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt, divided
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
Preheat broiler, with rack set 4 to 6 inches from heat source - Broiler pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. (preferably olive oil).
1. Place eggplant on prepared pan and spray generously with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half the salt. Broil for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until very soft.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine garlic, the remaining salt, yogurt and lemon juice.
3. Serve eggplant topped with garlic yogurt and sprinkled with mint.
Print this recipe