note: best to make a day before serving. contributed by Ann-Natasha Mathieu from China Lake, Maine
- 3-4 cups (Maine) lobster meat or 1 1/2 to 2 pounds, cut in medium chunks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth (fat free)
- 3/4 cup dry sherry (NOT cooking sherry)
- 4 cups light cream or half 'n half
- 3 tsps. tomato paste
- few dashes white pepper
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- Paprika, to taste (a few good dashes)
In a large saucepot, sauté lobster meat in 1/4 cup melted butter, stirring constantly, on medium-high heat, until no butter remains (about 5 minutes). Remove lobster; set aside.
In same saucepot, melt remaining 1/4 cup butter; add onion and sauté, stirring, until soft. Stir in the flour; mix well and keep stirring until well blended.
Slowly add the chicken broth; continue to cook until mixture is thick and bubbly. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes more. Add sautéed lobster and the dry sherry. Bring to a boil. Slowly stir in the light cream, tomato paste, pepper, Old Bay Seasoning and paprika. Heat through, but do not allow to BOIL. Serves 4-6.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Ann-Natasha Mathieu
Ann-Natasha Mathieu's Maine Lobster Bisque