- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons raisins or sultanas (golden raisins)
- 1 large bunch kale, large stems removed, finely trimmed to 1/2-to 1-inch strips
- 1 cup chana dal (yellow split peas)
- 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
The chana dal in this dish should be al dente and have a bit of bite to them.
This teases out their nutty quality. Of course, if you prefer softer beans, then simply cook the mixture until the chana dal reaches the level of softness
1. In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until it is soft, about 5 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to let it brown.
2. Add raisins and cook I minute. Add kale and chana dal and stir. Add stock and wine and bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Cover, turn heat to low, and simmer until kale is tender?about 50 minutes or so. Add more liquid as needed. Uncover.Turn heat to high and cook off the remaining liquid.
4. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Print this recipe