This lovely dressing is really more like a fresh compote or a loose salsa. It's the place to use your tiniest, prettiest, most colorful tomatoes (and not those large, tough cherry tomatoes from the grocery store).
- 8 OZ small cherry or other tiny tomatoes, halved or quartered, depending on size
- 3 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP thinly sliced drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 TBSP thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 TSP drained capers, coarsely chopped
- 2 TSP sherry vinegar
- 2 TSP fresh orange juice
- 1/2 TSP minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 TSP kosher salt
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir gently to combine. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes (or up to 30 minutes) to let the flavors mingle and to let the tomatoes marinate a bit. Stir gently again before serving.
Print this recipe